Monday, February 8, 2010

Cozy...by Justine

I don't know about you but I am a sucker for cozy comfort food. Fortunately, so is Jamie Oliver! So last week's recipe was Pot-Roast Meatloaf. It's hard to beat my Dad's mini-meatloaves so I was reluctant to try this recipe and while it doesn't beat the "mini's" it was really good. See what's laying on top? That's right. It's bacon. Yum.


This weekend we feasted on "Cherry Tomato Sauce with Cheat's Fresh Pasta" and "Pork Kabobs". Someday I will learn my lesson and not make two new recipes in one evening. Especially on the evening that I have 6 kids running around. Don't laugh, but sometimes I wear earplugs when I'm making dinner; which is what I should have done on Saturday but a friend was over and that would have been really rude. Suffice it to say dinner finally made it on the table and a frazzled mommy finally got to eat. Don't get me wrong, these were both really easy recipes but Mr. Oliver's wordy recipes are a little hard to follow when there's a lot of other stuff going on.

3 comments:

Juliana said...

Those look really good!!! I like Malia's hungry eyes fixed on the bacon!

Jessica said...

Looks yummy! I was thinking about your cookbook Justine, I was thinking you should try highlighting the important steps in your cookbook, you know how he says things that most people would automatically know hot to do ....like "Boil that lug of water til it's rapidly whirling and wobbly" just highlight the important steps...maybe it would reduce having to wade through his wordiness.

Justine said...

You mean highlight with a highlighter?...write in my book?! j/k yeah, you're right. Then when I'm rushing it would be easier to glance over and see the next step.