Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Blossoms, Bees and Barnyard Babies...by Justine




A few weeks ago was the First Annual "Blossoms, Bees and Barnyard Babies" Farm Trails. As you can see, the big highlight was the newborn pygmy goats at Foggy River Farm on Eastside Road.



I think we decided this one should be called "Oreo"...



and this one should be called "Snickers"



Some of us wanted to take them home...


Not everyone had a great time...at least for a little while...



At one of the farms I picked up a jar of honey and a jar of Asian Pear Blackberry and Lavender fruit conserve. With which I made one of my Project recipes: Pan-Fried Glazed Pork Chops. Somehow it didn't quite look or taste as good as pictured in the book, but we've been sure to find a way to have toast every morning since opening the jar!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh I SO wanted to go and do this...I'm glad you guys made it! Was it crowded? Was there lots of produce and food stuff for sale?

Jessica said...

And did Juli name the goats?.... cuz didn't she already have an Oreo and Snickers?

Juliana said...

My rabbit was snickers....i guess I like that name!

Juliana said...

By the way I REALLY want one of those goats!!!