Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened on the way Home from Freecycle...by Justine

So in my last post I mentioned that I posted a few "wants" on Freecycle and lo and behold someone responded! She actually had two of the items; a full length mirror and 3 lb hand weights and offered to meet me in Santa Rosa. So in the parking lot of Wendy's next to Costco I met up with the stranger who handed over my coveted items for FREE!

The funny part was what happened on the way home. I carefully placed the mirror under the seats in the van and then placed the weights in the tray that sits behind those seats. Reading that, you may foresee a potential problem but my little pea brain did not. Apparently the extra "weight" in the tray caused the tray to slip down and press the latch that keeps the seat attached to the car, the seat then dropped down and...you guessed it...broke the mirror. Well actually just the mirror's frame, but still I just had to laugh at myself. You can too.


4 comments:

Juliana said...

I hope it is stil in good enough condition for the clothing exchange!!!

Justine said...

Yeah but we need more than one, don't ya think?

Juliana said...

Yeah I think we will need more than one.

Bobby Thomas said...

Justine did you fix the mirror's frame supper glue work great i have to have with at the houes