Sunday, June 6, 2010

Would this be considered a cookbook project cheat?......by Jessica


Four recipes down in one night! We started with Roast Tomato Dinner Bruschetta, roasted cherry tomatoes, basil, olives, prosciutto (I had to use ham because I forgot to purchase prosciutto...oops) parmesan, olive oil and red wine vinegar tossed together then served with sliced of cheese topped crusty bread. A yummy little snack before dinner.

Dinner was then accompanied by Asparagus and Potatoes with Lemon Butter and Yellow Tomato & Parmesan Salad both of which were tasty, but nothing too exciting or innovative about either of the recipes.

Dessert was a super yummy tiramisu which was very delicious and enjoyed by all. The alcohol content was quite high, I don't know if I used the wrong kind of liquer or what, but Ian couldn't eat it because he said it made his nose burn kind of like wasabi so maybe it's best he couldn't complete it.



I was very happy today to pull out a brand new pair of flip flops that I purchased (December 31, 2009) because I knew June would hit and I would need a new pair. I really debated as to whether it was too soon to pull them out, but my old ones were TAPED together...so I figured it must be time. It was fun to wear something new.


Here's my cookbook cheat question: Notice the picture of a recipe from my cookbook. There are several recipes which feature variations. Is it cheating if I only do the MAIN recipe and not do all the variations? Please leave some feedback. So far I've received two "I would just do the MAIN recipe and not ALL the variations" but I don't want to do any sort of breach of contract so I'd like to hear some others weigh in.

And for those of you who were worried about the two week bike riding restriction, it's been lifted. Happy bike riding is happening once again.




2 comments:

Justine said...

Well if you decide that we don't have to do all the variations that will save me about 20 recipes. So keep me posted on what you decide :-)

Jessica said...

Juli says she thinks the main recipe would be okay...I guess if we are all in agreement then it would be okay!