Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday Pick....by Jessica

Here's outfit Number 2 for the week.

I think my project should be to brush my hair every day. (I really do think about it, but before you know it 7:38am is there and I have 12.5 seconds to make my
self look presentable.)

And, yes I did crack the ole Donna Hay open this weekend and made 3 recipes.


Basil, Tomato & Boconcini Salad was another embarrassingly simple salad that I feel bad counting as a recipe completed because who DOESN'T slice fresh tomatoes with basil & fresh mozzarella and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar??


Simple Beef Pies was a nice steak wrapped in puff pastry and baked. Very tasty, but a little too rich for us, we ended up pulling the steak out of the puff pastry.


And lastly, Caramel Banana Tartin was okay...butter, brown sugar caramelized then covered with sliced bananas. Cover the whole lot with a layer of puff pastry and bake. It was good....but I've never been a huge banana dessert fan. The whipped cream that topped it was way more delicious.

No comments: