Monday, January 4, 2010

Jicama, Radish and Avocado Salad...by Juli


Although this dish is in the "Deep Winter" section, eating it makes me think of a summer BBQ, a good accompaniment with Dad's BBQ'd chicken (hint hint)!! Kit, Lonnie and I really liked this salad. I think what makes it great is that it isn't your typical lettuce based salad. The radish was suprisingly subtle and the jicama/avocado gave it some good texture. Am I the only one or does anyone else struggle with finding a vegetable to go with your typical mexican meal? This is the winner!

6 comments:

Justine, Jessica & Juliana said...

I love how Lola is in the background looking like she wants to eat the whole plate! Jessica

Justine, Jessica & Juliana said...

She did want to eat it! We gave her some jicama and radish to try, but she wasn't a big fan. Did I mention that she is NOT allowed on the couch..that little monster!! Juli

bobby thomas said...

mmmmm that loook sooo good

Justine, Jessica & Juliana said...

Can you post the recipe?

Justine, Jessica & Juliana said...

2 avocados chopped
1 lb peeled jicama cut into matchsticks
12 radishes thinly sliced
3 T olive oil
3 T red wine vinegar
juice of 1 lime
2 T chopped fresh chives
1 T sugar
1/2 t salt
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)

Mix it all together!...Juli

Robyn said...

Ooooh, thanks for the recipe. I'm going to try it. I love crunchy salads better than leafy salads.