Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Temptations & Empty Pantry....by Jessica

I really really need to go grocery shopping and because of that I haven't been able to cook any of my recipes. I was planning on going tomorrow but Anya busted her nose and has a bad cold so I told her tomorrow would be a p.j. movie watching day. So that means it will probably still be another couple of days before some recipes get cooked. sigh.

After the nose bust up incident, Anya said she didn't think she was going to be able to eat any dinner....but ice cream was probably okay. So I got her ice cream (I know....but she looks reealllly sad with her poor busted up nose) and ran into my first overwhelming temptation to buy. There was a sales table full of kids toys, and I was so tempted to buy her something. This made me think; how much emphasis do I put on things to make my children happy? Obviously, even though I didn't think I did, there must be something to it because I wanted to buy her some more plastic junk that she doesn't need. Just an interesting observation I only would have learned from doing this project!

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Poor Anya!!! Her cute little button nose!

Bobby Thomas said...

interesting observation yes it is one mom and i made last year. sorry to hear about Anya's Nose