Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oh Happy Day....by Juli

Anya and I spent a great blustery day together today. Lately I have really been enjoying spending time outside either in my yard or on walks with Lola Bear. I think previously I would look forward to my free time to go run through some frivolous clothing store to find some awesome thing super clearanced. 
Now I am turning into a homebody...a little grandma-ish. 
Oh well everybody loves there grandma and the memories of her homy-ness. 
So you all better still love me!!

Ok, so I have officially jumped back on the cooking band wagon. I made Anya run with me to several grocery stores so that I could make 3 recipes tonight and hopefully 2 tomorrow. 
Our dinner was super good tonight and Kit was actually speechless!
(He was REALLY hungry)
But I admit the pork chops with strawberry-rhubarb sauce 
and the herb butter radish toasts along with the yummy salad was super de-lish!


8 comments:

Jessica said...

Jill are you reading this?? What does that radish dish remind you of??
Juli, Anya had so much fun with you yesterday, except she grossed us out by telling us that while she sits on the couch Lola licks her feet. Eeeeew. For all parties involved.

Juliana said...

Kit was torturing Anya and holding her down while lola licked her toes. Then he said he would hold Lola down snd Anya could lick her toes. She wasn't a real big fan of that!

threebodes said...

Jess - Yes! The Hofbrau House! Yummy! Juli - hilarious for the roles to be switched. What is that flower Anya's holding?

Juliana said...

Jilly - It's a poppy that has yet to emerge from it's pod. Very fury!

Jessica said...

Does that potato salad have snow peas in there?

Jessica said...

And what should I do about that girls hair??? She won't keep clips or headbands in and her hair is A.L.W.A.Y.S in her face... She can't have bangs because of that crazy cowlick. Just let her go wild like I've been doing?

Juliana said...

Jess - Yeah that "Spring vegetable saute" had snow peas...weird. It was a really dry potato mash thing. It didn't have butter or milk, but it did have mint, kinda interesting. Anya is a wild girl and the hair adds to the flair!

Jessica said...

hmmm, yeah it looks interesting. i can't wait to try the radish dish tho, that looks super tasty. We jointly decided the hair should always be short so we can reduce hair brushing time. For being so girly, she is pretty low maintenance.