Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Green Goddess Chicken Salad....by Juli

Tuesday nights are always a mad rush for me.
I get off of work at 5 and have a 20 minute drive home.
With meeting starting at 7 I have very 
little time to dilly dally about.
Usually dinner ends up being a quesadilla,
leftovers, or if worst comes to worst McD's on the way home.
(gross I know!)
Today I managed to get off at 5, run through Oliver's Market, 
get home,throw together this super yummy
 healthy dinner and eat,
 all in enough time to make it to meeting 
not only on time...but early!

I cheated on the chicken and bought a rotisserie, 
but this was so yummy!
Very greek-ish tasting and I think the addition of some curry
and red onions would have really enhanced the dish.
It was supposed to be a salad, but it sounded good in a pita.

Ok, well all you readers..if anyone is interested I will post the recipe, just comment!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Post that recipe girl!

Juliana said...

Otay!

Green Goddess Chicken Salad (4 servings)

1/2 c chopped green onions
1/4 c chopped fresh italian parsley
1 garlic clove
1 T fresh tarragon
1 T fresh dill
1 T red wine vinegar
1 c plain yogurt or sour cream
1 1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t sugar
1/4 t pepper

(process all the above ingredients in either a blender or food processor)

Mix with shredded chicken and put on a bed of lettuce or in a pita