Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hardly Any Prep Shrimp Stir Fry...by Justine


Ironically the "Hardly Any Prep Shrimp Stir Fry" took so much prep time on Monday night that at 4:15 on Tuesday afternoon I took one look at my next recipe and I was done. As in "I never want to cook again" DONE. Ok. So maybe I shouldn't have started cooking the stir fry at 6:00 when I was beyond hungry and I should have followed the recipe exactly as written. Instead of sugar peas I used Fava beans which required way too much prep. Then I just had to go and buy shrimp that needed peeling. And by the way, if anyone knows how to boil rice noodles then serve them without them being one big, sticky mess, please let me know.

To be fair, the Stir Fry was tasty. I don't usually use Chinese Five Spice so it was a nice change. But sorry Jamie O., I just have to go back to my truly "hardly any prep stir fry" next time.

Now it's Wednesday. "Salmon Cakes" Recipe and I are having a stare down. Who will win? Stay tuned to find out.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I hear ya on the rice noodles! The only way I've found to work is to immediately put a little vinegar/oil on it.