Thursday, June 17, 2010

Salmon Cake Stare-down Continued.......by Justine


It was Justine vs. the Cookbook. Dinner needed to be made and no one else was stepping up to the plate. You can guess who lost that one. Jamie Oliver said the beauty of these Salmon Cakes was that you knew everything that was in it. I say the Salmon Cakes I usually buy at Costco with the somewhat ambiguous ingredients listing were looking awfully beautiful right about cookin' time. But I forged ahead and lo and behold a certain little person who usually doesn't like anything I serve CLEARED HER PLATE! Now that was beautiful! As you may know, that can earn you a chocolate at our house and guessing the book of the bible closest to the day's text earns you another one......


Now. Let's play a game, shall we? I'll show you a picture and you tell me what's wrong. Or should I say "what's new"? Post your guesses in the comments. Each correctly guessed item earns you a point. Guess incorrectly and you might get docked a point so be careful. Player with the most points wins.

Photograph #1


Photograph #2











8 comments:

Juliana said...

Do I get to play or is that cheating?!?

Jessica said...

Swimsuits, goggles & what are those? egg poachers?
p.s. swimsuit for Malia necessary (i saw her in her old one and waaayyy too small) swimsuit for Phoebe necessary (hers was waaaayyy too big) and goggles are protective gear....necessary :-)
Egg Poachers? hmmmm

Juliana said...

Hmm....I guess we are still the only two that want to guess. I am saying new goggles and more egg poacher thingy's. What do we get with our points? Are they buy something new points?!?!

Justine said...

I can't believe no one wants to play my game. I have a great prize planned....maybe someone else besides my SISTERS will feel inspired to play....

Bobby Thomas said...

i do i was at The DC

new goggles, pool floatie, heir pin for Phoebe
Egg Poachers

Anonymous said...

Hey....it's Marcella. I'm sorry to disappoint you but I thought being present for the egg poacher purchase disqualified me. My guess for the pool pic was that you bought new goggles. I thought I'd seen Pheobe in that swimsuit before. Hmmm...
As far as justifying the egg poachers all I can say is that there were several temptations in that pathetic outlet mall (especially for a certain three and a half year old in GapKids). The fact that you left with ony one small practical purchase was pretty good. Joel needed a nap and those egg poachers came in very handy. Quick, easy and delicious breakfasts on a roadtrip are invaluable in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Pic #1 Swimsuits, goggles, monkey pool toy

Pic #2 Egg poachers (maybe just 2 of them?)

I've always wondered if those egg poachers worked well...you'll have to let me know!

Justine said...

Jamie - the egg poachers are the BEST! Six minutes to perfectly poached eggs. You know they have to be good to make it worth my breaking the rules!