Sunday, June 27, 2010

It was Lola's Fault...by Juli

I love that she is flying into the pool....
That's it, I am in trouble...I think the intense heat got to my head and I started doing some crazy things...like BUYING NEW!!! I mostly blame it on Lola, our bully. You see bulldogs are very sensitive to the heat and if they get overheated they will get super sick. Sooooo we bought her a kiddie pool at Walmart ($10), plus it was slightly a gift for Lola's boyfriend Roscoe and little Rowan. As we were walking out of the store with the kiddie pool in hand in our meeting clothes (totally goofy looking) a little glimmer caught the corner of my eye...what is this?!?! A super cute cruiser bicycle? I did the worst thing possible and looked at it. With the price tag at $75 and due to a small dent and some chipping (which gave us 20% off!) I justified it as slightly used and damaged and splurged. I know isn't that horrible?! Like the pool I did my best to find one used and even attempted to meet someone in Petaluma off of craiglist to buy one used (old and $90)...before I got stood up...awkward. So there. Technically Kit did the purchasing...tell me what you think, am I ok?!?!?

Did i mention that the recipe I was dreading (noodles with cottage cheese, leeks and peas) was so delicious?! Yeah, a total shocker. I paired it up with a baked salmon recipe and it was well worth the effort. Who knows maybe bitter greens and deviled eggs will be good too....

By the way I met up with Jessica at Macy's to check out some shape wear (totally necessary to buy new) and I found a pair of Dolce and Gabana sunglasses I REALLY wanted. I asked the woman at the counter to write down the model number so I can look them up on ebay used....so sad. #DD8072 if anyone finds them......You will be a winner in my book if you do!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Rowan, Roscoe & Lola in the kiddie pool? I bet that's a sight to see.
Bike Purchase. Hmmm. Well, if you ride it you will reduce your spanx expense for the year so maybe it will balance out.

Juliana said...

Oh I forgot Rowan's cousin Aiden was in the pool too. Charity will have to tell you how Rowan broke in the pool too :) Now that was a sight to see.

charityc said...

oh yeah.....quite a sight alright....aidan,rowan,roscoe,lola in the pool..guess who left the floater??? Well Juli had just left on her NEW bike, Shon just went to throw trash away but.....me and Kit caught the whole thing...I must say it still makes me laugh!!!! Im REALLY glad that Kit n Juli are such sports!!!:)

Jessica said...

That is all just WRONG. ALL OF IT.

Juliana said...

Your just jealous it didn't happen in your pool...:)