Friday, June 18, 2010

Marathon cooking...by Juli

I am so proud of myself this month! I have been on a cooking kick that has really put a dent in the cookbook. One night Kit and I were going to run some errands and he suggested we pick up something quick for dinner....but did I waver in my dedication to herb and flower crusted halibut?!? No! there will be no picking something up quick for this little lady! (May I add that I used nasturtiums from my garden and fresh green beans!) As for my other recipes: (1) Basil lemon cake - A Hit! (2) Fresh Berry Pie - Bingo! (but next time lets use true tapioca not tapioca pudding!) (3)Spring Crepes with Mint Creme Fresh -  Yes please! I will take seconds and thirds of that one!

I do have a need. It's really hard to cook with a pan that has a broken handle. And believe me the non stick pans at the goodwill are TRASH....how am I going to do this one......ebay?!? What's your suggestion?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good job on your cooking kick. And hmmmm, your broken pan is a dilemma. Especially when it's a pan you use all the time.

Bobby Thomas said...

him if you had told me in Jan. i would have told about store going out of biz i will ceep my eyes opened