Friday, June 10, 2011

Kale Chips....by Jessica

We keep getting much kale and chard in our veggie box. It's good...but you know you can only do so much with it, before you tire of it.

I kept running across recipes for kale chips and had to give it a go. A little on the greasy side, I think I might have been a little heavy handed with the olive oil, next time I'm going to go a little easier.
It wasn't any of our most favorite thing to eat in the world, but it was better received than sauteed kale.

Wash, spin dry, cut out the spine and chop into large pieces. Add a (little) olive oil and rub into leaves. Sprinkle generously with sea salt. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out leaves in single layer. Baker at 350° for 10-12 minutes (right when they've turned crispy and right before they turn brown).

Let me know if you have tried this with kale and if you have any other seasonings that worked well.

No comments: