Thursday, July 21, 2011

First Harvest....by Jessica


We picked beans! Wow, they just started popping up all over the place and now whenever we lift an end of the vine there's another bundle waiting to be picked.

Unfortunately, I'm still doing this stupid juice fast (just kidding, it's actually going fine) and I didn't want my first bean babies to be shoved through the juicer so I passed them along to Zack's sister Jill. I'm sure she'll make something delicious out of them.

What's your favorite thing to do with green beans? I love stir frying them with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chili paste, a little sugar, a little sesame oil and whatever other Asian spices I have in my fridge or pantry (fish sauce?).

5 comments:

Salina Littleton said...

I stir fry them with a little sesame oil, some panceetta and garnish with sesame seeds..soo yummy!

Jessica said...

that sounds good, especially since i haven't eaten in four days.

Danielle said...

My mom always cook them with bacon. Its amazing.

Anonymous said...

a friend of mine sauteed them in butter and cashews....the buttery browned cashews were to die for ~Carly

Anonymous said...

green beans mmm i just like to eat them
Bobby