Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bacon Cupcake...by Jessica

When I see a cupcake with a big chunk of bacon smooshed into the buttercream frosting - I have to get it.

Moustache Baked Goods just opened up in Healdsburg and that was where I was able to indulge in my bacon smoosed buttercream cupcake deliciousness. What can I say? I like salty with sweet so the spiced cupcake with maple buttercream and bacon was a hit with me as was the chocolate cupcake topped with chocolate buttercream and sea salt.

I like that they offer their cupcakes in mini sizes so you can try a few flavors and not feel quite as guilty about the whole thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can get on board with the chocolate buttercream/sea salt......but a cute little pinky?

Jeni Perkins said...

I loved their chocolate cupcake w/the sea salt also! Cean & I credit you for our love of salted caramel / chocolate combos since you recommended the salted caramel hot chocolate to him at Starbucks last winter! :)

Jessica said...

Jeni, I remember that! Who would think that salty sweets would be so good!

Anonymous said...

You should try Straus's caramel toffee crunch ice cream. It's caramel ice cream with salted toffee pieces in it. Yum!

Anonymous said...

hmm bacon cupcake never tryed them
Bobby