Monday, February 20, 2012

Habits...by Jessica


Every day for years and years I had the same routine. I would stumble out of bed, put on a pot of coffee, read the newspaper and eat Honey Nut Cheerios (out of the same bowl with a particular spoon, of course!).

But then, I had to stop drinking coffee every day (stomachaches) and reading the newspaper made me too informationally saturated (crying over obituaries and world news) so I stopped doing both of those things. And I decided I could try and eat other things every day for breakfast. So I did.

But just recently I got a box of Honey Nut Cheerios and I'm remembering how much I love them. And the newspaper that I've been browsing through at Starbucks occasionally has been full of so much fun stuff to read. So maybe I'll start it up again. But this time, it will be the SF Chronicle and not the PD. And I'm going to try and read it in a different order (I should try ENDING the newspaper with the comics and fluffy stuff and starting with world news...bypassing the obits completely).

What's everyone else's morning routine?

9 comments:

Juliana said...

Isnt the chronicle the best?! Especially on Sunday! Morning routine... Get up at the latest time possible, rub the bears belly (lola of course) jump in the shower, make a cup of tea, let the tea get cold as i finish getting ready, throw a yogurt in my purse and rush out the door. Fun huh?

Anonymous said...

after i wake up the first thing i must do is make the bed & then open all of the curtains/blinds. turn on heater if its below 63 & then do whatever dishes d has left in the sink from making breakfast. wash my espresso machine. make my americano & then reheat the egg/cheese/mushroom/spinach quesadilla d left wrapped for me in the microwave. if he didn't have time to make my breakfast then it's oatmeal with my americano.

Jessica said...

Okay Gina, your morning sounds so pleasant and with first class amenities. Breakfast ready for you made by the hubby?! Nice!

Anonymous said...

i get my coffee go to work and read only the comics then go one line to see what my friends are up to.
Bobby

Becky said...

I have the same problem with news related stuff, so I avoid that subject as much I can as well! My morning routine consists of getting my aunt (mentally challenged) up and ready and out the door on the bus to her "day program", showering and get ready for service, then mix a "plant fusion" protein drink with rice milk, throw it in my purse and run out the door. Oh, usually I throw a russet potato (previously baked) that I heated for a minute and put in baggie into my purse as well. I guess you could say I eat it like a banana but I don't peel it. Yes, my fellow service partners find it weird, but it works for me and it's from the earth!

Anonymous said...

yeah i'm little spoiled:) he is very sweet!

jboudreau said...

I had a more complicated routine but now with no "real" job (just trying to do ebay again) and no pioneering I feel like a real BUM!
Wake up, pee (of course), stumble downstairs usually after 8am, turn on heater, heat day old coffee or make a pot if it's all gone, turn on the tv and laptop- pathetic I know, check email and surf web till I get hungry and then eat cereal! Boy how this will all change once baby is born! ONLY 4 WEEKS TO GO (6 if we go max overdue!)

Mirjam de Rijk said...

I don't really have a morning routine, breakfast is different on most days, the only think I start every morning with is hot water with squeezed lemon. I heat the water on the gas stove in a kettle and use that for my hot lemon water. At the same time I make coffee for my hubby, however we both start our day with drinking water.
As to breakfast: whenever we have breakfast together, we each read the news on our iPad. We cancelled our newspaper years ago. Favorite news site: a Dutch news site -> a paper I used to read when I lived in Netherlands. And glance real quick what my dear FB friends are up to... -> have an email feed on this blog;)

Jessica said...

@ Jess - you deserve some lazy time now, take advantage of it now!!!! I can't believe there's only 4-6 weeks left to go. yaaay!
@ Mirjam - I love that you drink hot water with lemon every day, I felt so good when I did that, I need to start that back up again.