Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tobasco, Doritos, Cheese and Resolution...by Jessica

Tobasco and Doritos are two of those things that I just can't NOT buy when I see a new flavor. You know how they sometimes have those Mystery Flavor Doritos? I get so excited. I just saw that Tobasco is available by the GALLON on their website. I think I'm going to buy it for Ian as a present.

What's your "must purchase" item?



And here's my thrifty sister tip of the week. You know how the grated cheese at Costco is such a great price, but it's such a huge bag and it starts to get a little funky by the time you get to the bottom of it? What we do around here is...freeze it! That way you get a manageable bag of cheese and the rest stays frozen until you need it. How does it fare after frozen? You can't even tell the difference. I know it's a little plastic is drastic but sometimes you've got to use the baggy. Can anyone tell from this picture what else is going on at my house?



Yes, #30 on my list (Resolve kitchen countertop situation) is in the process of being resolved. Top has been chosen, demolition is complete, just waiting on installation. What have I learned about myself during this countertop situation? I can be very focused on making a decision and look at all my choices carefully, but once the decision has been made I'm done and don't ever want to talk about it again. And as for all the trim and grout colors and paint and do you like the square edge or round edge or...I just don't care. Poor Zack has been asking me all sorts of questions and I just say "yep, I like it" and my eyes are glazed and I don't even know if I'm looking at something for the wall or the floor or the sink. I'm sure that's how he feels when I ask him which of these black pants make my butt look smaller. Glazed and "yep those ones".

3 comments:

Juliana said...

I am so excited about your countertops! Zack is a classy guy so I am sure it will look awesome when he is done with it. As for my "must haves" hmmm...breyers ice cream and Kettle brand chips. Mmmmm...

Justine said...

When a costco size bag of wasabi Doritos ended up getting left at my house I made no attempt to reunite it with its owner!!

Anonymous said...

Yuck. Both those chips have too much flavor...