I wanted to share with everyone the breakfast muffin recipe I've been experimenting with. It's based on this one: Apple Carrot-Zucchini Muffins.
I've made a few changes to make it slightly healthier...but not too healthy :-)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 apple grated
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup raisins (I don't do raisins...ever)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease two 12 cup muffin pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, walnuts, carrots, zucchini, apple, coconut, raisins, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and make a well in the center.
- In a second bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, and vanilla. Pour into the well in the dry ingredients. Mix just enough to combine. The batter will be lumpy. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pans.
- Bake the muffins for 23 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.