Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"Meat"balls....by Jessica

This post is for you Mom, who says you miss reading our stories.  I've been meaning to tell you this, but keep forgetting.

This post is also for my children who will one day read all the posts on this blog and will think this is the un-funniest thing you ever read.  Especially you, Ian.

I made these "meat"balls:


Eggplant and Porcini "Meatballs"

I won't give you the whole recipe (here's the link) but obviously the stars of the "meat"balls are eggplant and mushrooms.  Ian's very least favorite vegetables.  

They came inside for dinner and saw me frying those babies up. (Quickly, because they weren't really the right color exactly) "YES!  Meatballs!"  

Dinner table.  
Ian: What's in these meatballs?

Me: Bread crumbs and onion.  Garlic.  Salt and Pepper.  Eggs.  You know, just the normal meatball stuff.

Ian: Hmmm.

And he ate the "meat"balls.

He kinda knew though but I think chose to just not know exactly.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehe! Sneaky! X-D

CoriLynn said...

Isn't it funny how when they REALLY don't like something, they know instantly something isn't right? Perceptive children aren't they? Ha! Jonah always knows. I think I'm so sneaky, but then he'll say immediately, like Ian, "what's in this?" Oh these kids! ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks Jess. I do love reading all the stories on the J project. Of course, I am not a contributor but I am an appreciator. Makes me laugh and cry at the stories about our family.Love Mom