Friday, January 8, 2010

Junk Catalogs....by Justine

I don't know about you but I get alot of catalogs sent to my house. So I thought I'd be proactive and see if there is a quick way to cancel all mail catalogs. As far as I can tell, you can pay a service to take you off of all marketing mailing lists like at www.privacycouncil.org. I didn't want to go that route though, so I found www.catalogchoice.org a free service that offers opt out requests for individual catalog titles. Unfortunately you have to enter the catalogs individually, but I figure with just a few clicks when I receive one in the mail now will keep them from sending another one (or five!) in the future...and hey let's face it, while I care about the environment and all...I mostly I could use the break from temptation! If anyone knows a better website or way to cancel catalogs let me know.

1 comment:

Bobby Thomas said...

thanks for the web sits i didnt know that they had a site for that