Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Polenta with Three Cheeses and Marinara



Dun-dud-ah-duh...We have a winner! My dear guinea pig (Kit) and I have been on a streak of 3rd place recipe's. Not gold, not silver...and sometimes not even bronze. But tonight Simply Organic redeemed itself with this cheese saturated polenta. I think what made this recipe yummy was the smoked mozzarella. I was just going to go with regular, but decided to live a little on this stormy Tuesday night. I think next time I make this I will take the advice given by my local Oliver's Market cashier guy and add some sauteed mushrooms and basil. It did lack a certain meaty-ness due to the fact that there was no meat. I will post this recipe in a following comment due to the simplicity and yummy-ness of this dish.

3 comments:

Juliana said...

1 1/2 cups ground polenta
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese (4oz)
1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese (4oz)
1/3 cup grated parmesan, asiago, or romano cheese (1.5oz)
2 cups pasta sauce
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh italian parsley

In a medium saucepan boil 5 cups of water, gradually add polenta and salt stirring constantly. Cook for 30 minutes stirring frequently. Add mozzarella and provolone until well blended and melted. Add 1/4 parmesan cheese. Divide polenta in 6 bowls and top with marinara, remaining parmesan cheese and herbs.

Enjoy!

Lorna said...

I used to make a dish like this and would add sauteed or roasted mushrooms. Criminis or portabellas sliced. Or add cooked turkey sausage.

Bobby Thomas said...

looks good