Friday, April 30, 2010

Success!!!!......by Juli












My shear excitement from my day can hardly be contained!!! I hit the mother load of
garage sales today in Windsor.

My thrifting eagle eyes spotted the sale sign as I was venturing to the grocery store. My little mind said, "What is this?!? A garage sale on Friday?
...I must go to there..." More sales should be on Friday so my mind can be more focused on service on 
Saturday morning rather than trying to remember which ones to hit on the way home. 

Ok, going on with the sale...First of all I got a few little bolero jacket things and then I spotted a Starbucks coffee maker!! With that I might add two personal Starbucks travel mugs! 
The cool thing is it makes the coffee right into the cups! That was Kit's present....Then I spotted MY present... An older model Canon Rebel E0S patiently jumped into my hands and screamed, 
"Take me home!!" So I did. At a VERY good price I might add ($40!!) 
The circumstances were perfect...I had cash in my pocket from babysitting that morning and I scored beyond my wildest Friday dreams. 
I might add the day got better with the first dessert recipe from my cookbook that was a success. 
'Herb and Garden Angel Food Cake' was a hit!! 
Special thanks to Robyn Cauth for letting me take some roses from her yard! 
And thank you to my brave guests who gave my cookbook a chance with desserts!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

WOW and WOW and WOW. I'm so excited to see some pics from the camera!!!! Are any of these pics taken with it? That's gonna be fun to play around with! I think we need to set up a camera training course with Trin. I was confused when he was explaining his camera to me. Were you?

Juliana said...

Totally confused. There are all these settings that seem so cryptic to me. I haven't really had a chance to play with it too much, but I ma sure I will be posting some pictures soon.

Bobby Thomas said...

cool i love the canon cameras