Sunday, May 2, 2010

April Showers bring May Flowers....by Jessica


So the month of April has come and gone! I bought three things new:


Hangers for the clothing swap, Balloons for the kids, Gladware because my husband went on strike and refused to take breakfast or lunch to work and was buying food every day because he didn't like rummaging through the tupperware bin for matching tops & lids. He also didn't want to use any of the empty jars or random containers I've been washing & saving for just this purpose. Can't really say I blame him.

I made 7 recipes this month bringing my recipe total to 135 left to do. I forgot to blog about this recipe:


Chili Jam Beef Stir-Fry which was a so-so hit with the family. It had chilies, ginger, onion, vegetable oil & brown sugar blitzed through the food processor and stir fried with the beef. I also added to it peanuts because I thought that would add something tasty and it called for shrimp paste but I couldn't find it at the Asian store so I tossed in a few shrimp....are you reading this Natalia?...it had shrimp in it and you ate it.

I failed miserably on my exercising for 100 days and stopped at around 39 days.

Thanks to my new favorite coffee travel mug (Thanks Jill) I have not used any paper coffee cups.

I want to try and not use any store plastic or paper bags this month. I have so many reusable bags and I always forget them so this month I'm going to make a conscientious effort to bring them to the store and use them.

That's it for now!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh and Jen I ALWAYS have my bag from Clutch in my purse that I use almost daily for this and that :-) It's my favorite little tote.