Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Farmer's Market....by Jessica

We went to the farmer's market here in Healdsburg on saturday and there was so much more variety than last year. Lots of fresh eggs, some new meat vendors, a new fish guy. Very exciting! I ended up talking with a couple of the meat vendors because, without warning, and without much explanation The Sonoma County Meat Buyer's Club is ending and I will only be able to get a box for the next three months. One vendor who's part of the Meat Buyer's Club said that she is going to start doing her own meat box delivery and she's going to email me some prices. One whole chicken was priced at about $17 so I have a very strong feeling that the box price is going to be pricier than what I've been paying.

Bacon is a very loved item in our house. We divide bacon up equally and there can be a full on battle if Zack has cooked up an odd number of bacon slices and there is an extra slice floating around. We got some bacon in last month's meat box that made us love it even more. It was SOOOO delicious. It was super lean and the flavor was so clean tasting. I can't think of any other way to describe it but clean, it tasted very un-processed and un-chemically. The farmer's market had some bacon, but it was $9 a pound. Yikes!

Anyways, apparently my love for food has grown since I can't buy anything NEW that's UN-consumable, I'm out there figuring out ways that I can buy more food. Ha!

3 comments:

Juliana said...

I totally agree with the food thing. I practically say the same thing when I walk into a goodwill or a grocery store.."I can buy anything I want here" I get a glazed happy face while there are happy chirping birds around me.

Mirjam de Rijk said...

It's all about the food!

Jessica said...

I agree Mirjam! Food, wonderful food :-)