Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Seared Salmon Salad...by Jessica

Okay, this is what bugs me about Donna Hay's cookbook. Recipes like this Seared Salmon Salad. I mean..it doesn't take much innovative thinking to cook a piece of salmon and then put it on top of spring greens that you've tossed with lemon juice and olive oil.

She's got a recipe for hummus and vegetables...and the hummus she says to use is the "store-bought" kind. I mean, come on Donna Hay at least let's make the hummus together.

It reminds me of a recipe on a box of croutons that makes me crazy every time I see it. The recipe is:
1 head lettuce (chopped)
1 cucumber (sliced)
1 tomato (chopped)
1 red onion (sliced thinly)
Toss ingredients and top with croutons.

Really????

Really????

If you need a recipe for that salad then you ARE LAME. It makes me so crazy I won't buy those croutons anymore.

That's how I feel about tonight's salad. It was good, but I mean we've all made a dinner exactly like this 500 times, right????

Okay I will stop my cookbook rant right now.

4 comments:

Juliana said...

You wanna make my cottage cheese and pasta with peas instead....?!? Or how about the bitter greens with deviled eggs. Yours may be boring...but at least it's edible.

Jessica said...

ha ha we all hate our cookbooks! i don't really hate it though, sometimes I just get really irritated with it.

Sue said...

It seems to me that somebody is tired of their cookbooks. you are over half way there. You probably will never make anything again out of those books. You are doing great. I would have been done a long time ago.

threebodes said...

Love your rants.