Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Recipe Extravaganza...by Jessica

Last night I plowed through 4 recipes. And at the dinner table Ian said "I don't like this dinner" and I rolled my eyes and said (in my head) "surprise, surprise". But then he really did surprise me because he said "I don't like this dinner....I LOVE IT!" That's a RARE comment to come out of his mouth.

Here's what I made: Potato, Bacon & Spinach Soup ('cept the spinach got frozen..so sans the spinach), Mozzarella & Spinach wrapped Veal ('cept same spinach situation..used arugula...also used steak, not veal), Penne Pasta with Wilted Arugula and Crispy Prociutto ('cept I used Farfalle pasta), and Chocolate French Toast (made EXACTLY as written).

Sorry, the pics are all bad...I was just in a rush to get the food on the table.


Everything went fine, except it took me a little longer than I expected and I ran out of burners on the stove and Zack had to keep the soup simmering outside on the BBQ. I was feeling good about the whole thing until Zack said..."so you've got 22 more recipes, huh..this means you'll just have to cook like this again 5 more times..." and then I felt discouraged.

1 comment:

Bobby Thomas said...

Jessica u can do it it all looks good