Sunday, September 25, 2011

Imagination...by Jessica

Okay peeps, you're going to have to use your imagination for this post because as much as I wish I had pictures...{someone} took the memory card out of my camera and I didn't know it until we were far out in the country. Kicking myself as there were many moments for photo opps - but that's how it goes.

On saturday, the kids and I visited two farms who were participating in the Weekend Along the Farm Trails.

Miniature horses were first on the list, and we headed out to Lovepatch Farms in Penngrove where we got to meet, feed, brush and play with several mini horses. Have you ever seen horses running in a herd? Amazing. There was a group of about 25 horses just lounging around in the corral, not really paying much attention to each other. When the trainer walked into the corral holding an extra large blue exercise ball, the horses all stood up at attention, their ears perked up and they all gathered together in a group. When the trainer finally got into the middle of the corral and starting bouncing the ball - they just took off and started running together in laps around the corral. We could have watched them run all day.

{this isn't my pic, but let's pretend}

Next, we headed to Bear Foot Honey in Santa Rosa where we all donned beekeeper outfits and got to get very closeup and personal with a bee hive {if only I'd had my camera...sigh}. This was really really amazing to see and a real test in patience and your ability to stand in a swarming mass of bees without getting totally freaked out.


{just pretend}

Next year we are definitely making time to visit the mushroom farm.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like a really fun day. Great pictures! (I imagined)

Jessica said...

ha ha Becky you made me laugh out loud!!