Sunday, September 2, 2012

#2 Take a Class...by Juli

The "oldies"
Back when I conjured my 30 before 30 list in December I had no idea what the next year would have in store for me. I was thinking of taking a photography class or a sewing class or shoot, maybe a cheese making class. At the end of January my friend and pioneering buddy Marcella texted me: "Isn't our pioneer class amazing?" me, "What are you talking about? 'our' class? am I going back?!?" I was in utter shock! In all honestly I knew that going to pioneer school service school for the second time was in the near future, maybe 2013 or 2014. I seriously didn't think I would go back this year. So #2 here we go!

 Service School is an awesome arrangement for full time pioneers that have either completed their first year of pioneer or have accumulated enough years {usually 10 or more} that you can go back for a second time. It gives you training on how to become better ministers and to overall be better people, mates, friends, and members of the congregation. I loved the privilege of going the first time but for the second time I really really felt involved and appreciated it a lot more.

The hours of studying after being in class all day was a little daunting at first but at the of the school I was craving to study more. Now just to keep up the habit! The school has helped me to reflect on my life and set goals to do bigger and better things. It made me realize that there are opportunities to reflect Jehovah and Jesus loving personality in everyday things, even the little teeny tiny things like saying please and thank you.

If you have himmed and hawed about pioneering, don't. just do it and you wont regret it at all. In the end you get spoiled with an awesome 2 week class with people that shower you with delicious food and gifts. You have no idea how much you feel loved until you go. So go.
its really hard to get 3 girls to jump at the same time apparently, sorry mike I almost flashed you...
one of our instructors with his chocolate covered espresso beans :)
3 from the class of 2002 back together again

the "newbies"




class of 2002 
my desk :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juli did you write all that so you can count your time? Way to be alert for opps to keep the clock ticking -haha!!
Glad you got to go again. Now you should be all pumped for the new service year ;-)
-m-

Unknown said...

If there was a like button for this I'd press it for up to 77 times...maybe more! Way to go sis...Jehovah will always bless our efforts when we do things that please him and learn more about him!

Aloha and Mahalo for this sharing this wonderful experience!

Juliana said...

Thank you Alakai & "M" -

Bobby Thomas said...

cool & congrads on pioneering
way to go,

Bobby